As there are various attacks on websites these days, now more than ever. In this case, there is a great need to take backups of, your websites at the real time. There are many WordPress plugins available that will help you in providing peace of mind so that you can have a full working on your site that you can roll back if you experience any types of issues. Backups play a great role in regular WordPress maintenance, so it is very important to get it.
Creating a regular WordPress backup is one of the best things that you can easily do for your website. Backups can help you in providing peace of mind and also saves you from tragic situations when your site gets hacked. There are many free as well as paid backup plugins available and are quite easy to use. This article will help you in getting the best backups plugins and their benefits.
In this article, we will compare five best WordPress backup plugins. Before we start comparing the most popular plugins lets talk about some of the best features that you expect to see in your backup plugin.
Features of some backup plugins
Automatic backups– one of the most important tasks of the backup plugin is automatic backups; this is the ability at which the rectangular backups can be performed. Every backup plugin is available with the option; this is what all the developer or owners are looking for.
Real-time backups- what will happen if you can monitor your site with the latest changes with the backups. These backup plugins can easily do this and can also scan your site for many security issues.
Automatically resume failed backups– with the help of this feature you can easily detect all the failure and can automatically resume it. This feature helps you to automatically resume all the backups which are very important for many users.
Multiple site support– a user who is using various websites they will like to have backups of these sites at one place only. For them, it is very advantageous that plugin comes with a feature that helps you to manage all the backups of many WordPress sites.
Backup storage to Dropbox– storage of backups of websites from an external source will help you in recovering in times when you have an issue with the server. The backup’s storage Dropbox will help you in getting back all the deleted files.
Check and repair– there are many plugins that will help you in checking and optimizing your database. There are many databases that can also help you in repairing your base.
Migration– some of the backup’s plugins can also help you to restore and migrates backups from the other backup’s plugins. Restores and migrates backups from backup’s plugins.
Statistics- this is not an essential feature, but there are some backup’s plugins such as Vaultpress that will provide you with handy statistics that are very useful for reporting clients.
Backup archive– this will help you to split large sites into various archives if the sites are bigger. This will be a very crucial feature.
Language support– this is one of the most important features that will help you in gathering and helps you in engaging larger audience. For example, the WordPress backups are available in 19 languages.
Different type of backups and plugins
Vaultpress is in its 5th year, and to celebrate they have extended the trial months to 3 months. The plugins help you in providing the real-time backups and also scans your websites for security threats. We will definitely like you to choose this plugin as they provide you with the facility of scanning and spam protection features.
Some of the basic features include in Vault press
- Provides you with daily backups
- Real-time syncing of your website content
- They provide you daily security scan that can be done with a single click. This also helps you easier fixing threats.
- They provide you protection from spam.
- They are all downloadable backups.
If you want to have the backup of complete installation that includes/ wp-content/ and also saving it. It is one of the best external backup services. There is a pro version that has many features.
Features those are included in BackWpup
- With the help of single backup zip, you can easily restore an install
- WordPress in this is XML export
- It helps you in optimizing checking and repairing the database
- They also help you to restore backups, google drive.
- Send logs and many backups by email they provide multisite support.
- It is available in 5 language
It is one of the great plugins that will help you to backup data of your website on a daily basis. You can just select the time, and automatically it will restore all its data.
Features those are included in WordPress backups
- Select the time you want to backup on a daily basis.
- You can automatically backup your files
- Exclude all the files that you want to include in the backup
- Select the location the backup will be stored in the dropbox
- With the help of this backup and plugins, all the account details are not stored
- It also supports 19 languages
Active user of this backup’s plugins are 500000. This is a type of plugin. That will help you in creating a complete backup of your website. After the backup of the website is done, you can easily download the backup on the system. When you are writing this is one of the most installed backup available according to the wordpress.org.
Some of the feature of Updraftplus
- They provide you with backups of Amazon s3 cloud files, google drive, and email.
- They also provide you with backups of files and many backups
- You can get the backups of your files automatically you can fix the time and can get on a repeating schedule. This can also restore and can also migrate backup sets from the plugins.
- Files and the entire database can have separate schedules
- They also provide you with the security to encrypt database
- You can resume the uploaded files
- Download all the backups archives direct from your WordPress
This is the best backup plugin that has its active installation of 200,000. They are the best, can help you in downloading restored files. And are one of the most recommended backups plugins.
Some of the features of Backupwordpress:
- They are quite easy to use
- With the help of this plugin, you can easily manage multiple schedules
- It uses zip and MySQL dump so that there can be faster backups.
- Works on Linux and window server
- They can easily work in host environment
- This helps you in providing backups of every file
- They can be easily translated into 13 languages
Summary of the above backups plugins
This article has covered five most backup plugins for WordPress. They also include press backup. But this is not available for the present version of WordPress when you are writing. We recommend you to use vaultpress and updraftplus. There are other plugins also that provides you with many different features as discussed below.
- They provide you with the facility of real-time syncing for all the contents of your WordPress.
- They also provide you with statistics that are related to the websites.
- Daily security scans on a click repairs, they provide you with easy review and fix threats
- They also protect you from spam.
- They provide you with WordPress XML export
- They help you to optimize and check and also repair the database.
- They provide you with the backups in zip, tar, gzip tar.
- You can easily store backups to different external backup sources
WordPress backup to Dropbox
- They support 19 languages
- You can easily select how many times you would like to have backups on a regular basis
- It also uses OAuth, so that your Dropbox details are not stored in it.
- They support WordPress backups to Amazon S3, cloud files, google drive and many more.
- They also provide encrypts database and backups for the security if they are deleted mistakenly
- The uploads filed are automatically resumed easily.
- With this type of plugins, you can easily manage various schedules
- They provide you with the facility of zip MySQL dump so that you can backup faster
- You can easily email all backup files.
These are some of the best features that are being provided by the WordPress backup’s plugins. They help you in keeping your website content safe. They save bandwidth cost and also helps in saving images faster with the best advancement. They provide you with bulletproof spam that will help you in filtering and brute-force. They provide you protections that help you to maintain peace of mind while you are building and growing your site.